Search, filter and sort chats
As an agent, you can quickly and easily find a specific chat that you want to respond to or reference by using the search and/or filter functionalities. This can be applied to live chats, closed chats or tickets.
In the panel on the left, select whether you want to search your live chats, closed chats or tickets. Click on the 'search' icon (magnifying glass) as shown below.
This opens a search box where you can search on either customer name or phone number. Press 'Enter' on your keyboard. This will list all the chats matching your search term in the panel on the left. To close the search box, click on the grey 'X' icon.
In the panel on the left, select whether you want to filter your live chats, closed chats or tickets. Click on the 'Filter' button as shown below.
This brings up several filtering options. You can use any combination of the filters to narrow down your search:
- Channel - select channel(s) from the drop-down (only those set up in your account are listed)
- Sentiment (not available for closed tickets) - select one or more sentiment from the drop-down (positive, neutral, negative)
- Flagged chats - filter to only see chats that were flagged as being important or requiring follow-up; if not selected, both flagged and unflagged chats are included in the result.
- Date range (for Closed chats and Tickets) - filter to see only chats/tickets that fall within a specific date range.
You can remove filters by clicking the grey 'X' icon next to it. Once you've selected filters, click on the 'Apply Filters' button. The chats resulting from the filter are listed in the panel on the left. From there you can select the specific chat you want to view.
There is an indication of the number of filters currently applied in blue at the top of the list. Clicking on the blue indicator allows you to edit the filters. Clicking on the 'X' icon removes all filters.
Agents can sort their live chats in one of the following ways:
- 'New Customer Activity': sorts live chats based on new activity from an end-user, i.e. any new message/activity from an end-user moves the relevant chat to the top of the list (note: new activities by an agent is not considered for sorting).
- 'New Chats': sorts live chats based on the time when a chat arrived in Chat Desk, i.e. new chats appear at the top and the oldest chat at the bottom
Last modified 2mo ago