Access & navigate the Agent Desk
The Agent Desk is the web-based app that agents use to engage with customers via their preferred channel.
Using the Agent Desk, agents can:
- The recommended web browser for using Chat Desk is Google Chrome.
- Chat Desk is only supported on laptops and desktops, and not on mobile devices or tablets.
The image below highlights the main elements of the Agent Desk user interface. See the rest of this user guide for more detailed information about using the Agent Desk.
Chats can only be assigned or transferred to agents who are available, i.e., who are logged in and online. Agents who are logged out of Chat Desk will display as Unavailable. Agents can also manually change their status from Available to Unavailable from the profile drop-down.
- 1.Hover over the headset icon in the top right corner of your screen. A list of all agents that are online is displayed.
- 2.In the top right corner of the Agent Desk, you can see an agent profile icon. A green dot indicates that you (the agent) are available, and a red dot indicates that you are unavailable. Your name is also displayed next to the icon.
- 1.Hover over the icon to display a drop-down with information such as your name, email address, and role.
- 2.From here you can also update your status ("Available"/"Unavailable"), edit your profile settings, or log out of the Agent Desk.
- 1.Select "Profile settings" to view your personal details.
- 2.From here you can reset your password and view your specific permissions based on the role assigned to you.
A session expires after 24 hours, after which you will be signed out automatically.
- 1.Click on the profile icon in the top right.
- 2.Select "Log out".